Monday, November 26, 2007

Introduction to Music Theory 2!

Hi. Today I will be telling you something more about music theory. You must have checked my previous post where I explained about sharp notes and natural notes. Today we’ll be talking about flat notes.

I’m still completing this blogger. If you have any questions, you can always mail me at the following email address:

baathaman@yahoo.com

The following is also called a chromatic scale:

A, A#,B,C,C#D,D#,E,F,F#,G,G#

The above notes are sharp and natural notes. Please note when you go from the left side of the note to the right side or in musical sense from A to G, you’ll find sharp notes between the natural notes.

However, if you move backwards from G, you’ll get flat notes (the symbol used for flat notes is b) between the natural notes.

So,

G# = Ab

F# = Gb

D# = Eb

C# = Db

A# = Bb

The above music theory will confusing. It was to me when I was learning it. You actually have to sit with your guitar and figure this all out. I’ll be posting a video lesson soon which will make this easier to understand.

The moral of story is G# can be called Ab and Ab can be called G#. This is also for the above notes.


No comments: