Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Practicing with a Metronome.

Hi. I will be talking about importance of using a metronome when playing the guitar. Lot of people ignore the basic stuff and i was one of them. I never used the metronome to practice. I was able to build speed on the guitar however i was not accurate. I was a slow on one pattern and i would speed up on another. To be consistent in speed and timing, we should use a metronome.

Metronome can be used when we are playing rhythm or playing lead guitar. All the best guitarists thats i know have used a metronome to practice guitar. This is the only way we can be accurate and good when playing with a band or by playing alone. if we don't use it, we may be sloppy.

Metronome benefited me a lot and and i still use it. There is a metronome in a processor that you can use with your guitar. You can read your user manual to get instructions. There are many websites that give you a free metronome software. You can look for this on your favorite search engine. Just type 'free metronome' and press 'enter.

There are things that we need to know before we can use the metronome. These things are quarter notes, whole notes, half notes, eighth notes and sixteenth notes etc. Many guitar players when they start practicing guitar overlook these things. I will cover this topic in my next post. Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! You have cleared lot of my doubts!